Enter the Legacy! That’s what 3 of my friends will try to do this Tuesday in Miami during the Bacardi Legacy national finals, one of the most prestigious cocktail competitions in the world. For the past few months, waiting for the live national finals, every regional finalist been trying to spread their cocktail as much as they could in order to make of their creation, the next Bacardi modern classic cocktail.
You can tune in at 5:30 pm eastern time this Tuesday, February 6th on USBG’s Facebook page to watch the competition live and see who’s gonna take the only spot and represent Canada at the global finals.
Having participated in several competitions myself, I know how nerve-racking it can be to perform in that type of situation. I know we’re not saving lives, but we’re trying to make life smoother one drink at the time. In that case, if you are like me and believe that creating drinks is a noble cause, join me and give a loud cheer to my friends who are about to give all they got to take the lead spot.
And if you want to judge by yourself, here are 3 recipes I love from the Canadian line up.
From left to right
LA EQUIDAD by Max Coubes MTL
- 2 oz Bacardi Ocho
- ½ oz Lime juice
- ½ oz Coffee syrup (half coffee half sugar)
- 6 Mint leaves
- Top with Martini sparkling rosé
- Shake all ingredients with ice except for the sparkling wine.
- Fine strain over fresh ice in a tall glass.
- Top with Martini sparkling rosé.
- Garnish with mint sprig
SEQUITO by Sabrina Mailhot MTL
- 2 oz Bacardi Ocho
- 0.25 oz Banana Liqueur
- 1 oz Orange juice
- 0.5 oz Grenadine
- 0.5 oz Lime juice
- 2 Dashes Aromatic bitters
- Shake all ingredients with ice
- Fine strain in a chilled cocktail coupe
- Garnish with a lime wheel
A LOVE REMEMBERED by Jeff Savage Vancouver
- 2 oz Bacardi Superior
- 0.5 oz Martini Bianco
- 0.25 oz Maraschino
- 1 Bar spoon Malic and Citric solution (1 gr malic acid, 1 gr citric acid, 20 gr water)
- 2 Dashes Scrappy’s grapefruit bitters
- Stir all ingredients over ice
- Strain in a chilled cocktail coupe
- Express a lime zest over the cocktail
- Garnish with the lime zest
If you want to step your game up, these are some pretty cool items for your home bar. Glassware, barware and even a DIY bitters kit.